Some photos from the 1920s

 

 

About Pyin Oo Lwin ] [ Maymyo in the 1920s ] Calendar ] Getting Around ] Genius Education Centre, Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin. ] Health and Safety ] Travel Agencies ] Trekking ] What to see ] Photo album ] Where to eat ] Where to shop ] Where to stay ] Contact Us ]

This well preserved house, dating from the 1920s, can be seen on Circular Road.  Although a number of large modern houses are now being built, many of the interesting buildings from the early 20th century are now being reconditioned.

"Club View"

Bungalow on Circular Road

"Meyer Lodge" Club Road

"The Retreat", Club Road

   

"Tapsy Villa" 1918

"Tapsy Villa" 2007

"Russell Square" 1925

"Russell Square" 2007

Bird's Eye View of Maymyo

"Park View" Garden 1926

"Park View" Garden 1926

"Park View" rear garden 2008

"Governor's House" 1926

"Governor's House" 2008

Governor's House pond 1926

Governor's House pond and tennis court, 1926

Lady Butler's Bazaar and children's party, 1926

"Marrick", and the Harvey household, 1926

Riding at Harcourt Butler Lake, 1926

"Governor's House", 2008

"Governor's House" Hall, 2008

Town Centre, 2007

Town Centre, 2007

Town Centre, 1920s

 

All Saints' Church nearing completion in 1914

New and old Anglican churches in 1914

All Saints' Church in 2005

St Michael's School 1923

 

Lashio

 

Lashio Residency 1926-35

Interior

The Harvey's grand piano arrives 1926

Residency front, after it was given to the Sawbwa.  Photo: 2005

Namtu

 

Namtu Silver Mines between 1920-30

Namtu housing

Namtu

Namtu Mines Railway